Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day of Departure

So. My bags are packed. I went down to a smaller suitcase because the large one was throwing on extra weight I didn't want to have complicate baggage regulations. My carryon is stuffed full, and I'm afraid of how much my backpack will weigh, but I packed it full of Arabic notes, my French Harry Potter books, an iPod Touch I've bought from my brother and named Mr. Touchy-Feely, and some other things. I need some snacks. And I brought all of that in case I don't sleep, but if I don't sleep, it'll be me awake for a good 24+ hours.. I won't get into (one of) Lille's train station(s) until what is really 6am EST. Then I've to go figure out other things and ahhhh!

It's okay. It's going to be okay.

It's almost 10am, I woke up around 7 and couldn't sleep after a weird dream combined with my anxiety. Today, I leave for France. I've been waiting so long and I'm so excited, but my nerves are killing me. My stomach is in knots. All I've been able to think are all the possibilities of things and plans going wrong, not just for travel, but also for the entire study abroad session. 10 months is a long time. 10 months gives me a lot of opportunities to screw up and and to end up hating everything.

But I guess 10 months is also a lot of time to take a breath, think rationally, and have a wonderful time. I hope that by the end of the 10 months, I won't want to come back, but I will be prepared to come back and tell everyone about my stay.

I guess it's really just going to be another 10 months until I see which happens.

But I'm hoping for the latter option.

1 comment:

  1. tu vas avoir un temps superb en France. soyez patient, les premiers jours peuvent etre difficiles, mais apres cette periode transitoire, vous allez avoir les meilleurs jours d' votre vie.

    --Abbas

    ReplyDelete