Friday, October 22, 2010

Jours Quarante huit – Cinquante deux.

Jours Quarante huit – Cinquante deux. 18/10/10 – 22/10/10.


OFII appointment :

Mainly ridiculous. X-ray, height, weight, eye exam, 5 questions concerning my medical history and current state of health. Paper stamped into my passport. Simple.

It did, however, involve about 20 minutes of travel each way on the tram and metro, and a good hour and forty-five minutes of waiting, outside of the fifteen minutes of the actual exam.

In any case, my visa is fully valid now, I can leave and come back into France as much as I please, and the paperwork is complete. So that huge weight? Off my shoulders.


Classes:

Nothing new to report, outside of classes being finished until November 2nd. I turned in my first official grade for my History of the French Language course this Tuesday, and will have exams for translation and History of the English Language the first week of November. I’ll have to watch a French movie and write a summary and reaction for my DEFI class, but .. that can wait for now. :)


Club Angellier Halloween Party:

Thursday night, the English club hosted a party at an “American” bar called The Saloon. I dressed up as a “crime scene”, as I received a very belated, very hilarious birthday present from a penpal of mine in England earlier that morning. I did speak with a girl from my translation classes for quite some time, and she was more than friendly, which was nice. No one in our translation courses ever really speaks to us, but Aurore tried to explain that they’re mainly just intimidated by us. Preposterous. They speak our language better than we speak theirs… En tout cas, the party was fun fun fun, and I had an excellent costume. Here is your proof:


(Christiane, Karina, Tayna, me and Gaz.)
(Laurent!)
(Christine the Cat and Colleen the Crime Scene.)
(Ridiculous photo.)
(Clemence! Our ISEP mentor, if you will..)
(A photo with Saskia, in honor of those that didn't occur at Brian's party.)
(Jeremiah, Saskia, Laurent, and me!)

Wednesday night, Sarah, Christine and I made some absolutely delicious quesadillas, and then followed it with some Kinder Bueno bars (probably the most delicious candy bar to be invented ever by anyone period), wine, and Love Actually. Tonight, we had our hands at making chicken and dumplings, made Gaz buy us chocolate :D, and stuffed onto Christine’s bed to watch (read: suffer through) Superbad. Brian decided to come over, so it was nice to see him, and we were able to bid a fond farewell to Gaz since he’s leaving to go back home to England for the vacation period.

Speaking of, my plans have indeed fallen through. I may, however, be going to Brussels and Tournai with a few other Erasmus students from the Netherlands and Germany next Friday and Saturday, and in between now and then, I’ll hopefully find something to do with Sarah, as we’re both going to be hanging around, and I’m not sure how many others of my friends remain..

In regards to friends, I’ve finally come into ownership (so I may have stolen the photos from others, oh well..) of some older photos from events earlier on, but which are nice, happy photos that I’d like to share:


(FINALLY A PICTURE WITH KATIE DANAHER. –If you knew how sneakily she avoids photos, you’d be excited too.)
(Taco night at the Katie-Georgie-Laura residence.) (Rosalind's Birthday Breakfast.)

The heating is finally turned on in Résidence Triolo, and I’ve been sleeping much better ever since. I’ve ditched the sweater on top of my pajamas, but have retained the woolen socks. I think that at 2:30am, it is now time for those woolen socks to slide onto my toes and for me to hit the hay.

Bonne nuit, goodnight, and go Phillies!



No comments:

Post a Comment