Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving, Shmanksgiving

Bonjour à tous et à toutes.

It’s Saturday, the evening of November 27th. I was sitting around in my room, eating spoonfuls of soup out of my pot like the classy person I am and decided I should try and update my happy little blog.

My school week has passed quite eventfully; I skipped my intensive French course, my teacher for my extra practice English stuff for Persian, Arabic was terrible, I received a 15/20 on my History of the French language course and have no more work to turn in for the rest of the semester, we were able to discuss some clothing vocabulary in translation, and I skipped my History of English class.

… I tried to leave my spoon in the pot, and it slid into the soup. Awesome. Good to know that prim and proper France has done nothing to help my eating skills/table manners, BUT I DIGRESS.

Katie, Laura, and Georgie were kind enough to host about 20 people for a Thanksgiving dinner at their place. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gravy, rolls, peas and carrots, a tomato-y salad thing, cider, and even deliciouuuuus homemade pumpkin and apple pies.


Mmm. What did I contribute?

Paper plates, cups, and napkins of course!


(Georgie, overcome with happiness upon my arrival.)

:)))

(Preparation/waiting mode.)(There's always a photo with Christine at every event..)
(Making myself the highlight of a few quality photos...)


(Gathered 'round, enjoying company and food.)

In all, I think everyone enjoyed the evening, and Stephanie, our German friend, was absolutely beside herself with happiness and a newfound love for America/Thanksgiving. I came back home and skyped everyone at my house for Thanksgiving. It was good to (kind of, very blurrily) a bunch of relatives and to hear about things at home and tell them about the goings-on of my life.

Oh, and it snowed on my walk home from Thanksgiving Dinner.

Last night, I joined Rosalind, Magda, and Christiane for a little trip out to Les Trois Brasseurs. It was a very pleasant evening, and Christiane and I walked through the big set up of Lille’s Christmas Market on the way home. There are pictures, but I’ve plans to return tomorrow, during the day, and so will make an update with photos of that at a later date.

Today, Rosalind and I ventured to this fabulous café called “Café Livre”. Rosalind believes the lady who works the bar is the owner, and you can rent books or buy books from the café as well. The two of us did some homework but not as much as we were planning, especially when Georgie walked in with her mother! So we stopped to chat with them, her lovely mother treated us to some little cake and pie slices, and then we ended up leaving without having accomplished all we would have hoped. I’ve been trying to study since being back in my room, just ate dinner, and am already looking forward to a hot chocolate study break with Rosalind..

Tomorrow will hold more studying, possibly at another café so I can get out of my room and not succumb to distractions and a trip to the Christmas Market (mainly because I think I’ll be doing a short presentation about it for my intensive French class on Monday…)

And here, a photo to show you why I need to leave my room in order to accomplish things:

So content to just sit here and do nothing productive. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment